- Regulate your breathing so that it is slow and even from your bellybutton.
- Carry a soothing object or essential oil in your pocket/purse/bag to touch or smell.
- Select your top 3 go-to coping skills to use if you think about or see your perpetrator in a public place or in court.
- Call New Beginnings Sexual Assault Support Services 24/7 at 1-800-226-7273.
- Text the Crisis Text Line by texting HOME to 741741.
- Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255).
- Call 911 if in immediate danger.
- Apply for a protective order.
- Request police to drive by your house.
- Install, update, or change a home security system, including locks on doors and windows.
- Use lamp timers so lights inside your house go on/off randomly.
- Vary the routes you drive or walk
- Ask a trusted neighbor to watch your house/apartment/car.
- Reduce or close social media accounts.
- Change privacy levels.
- Limit what you choose to share on social media.